Hello and thank you for choosing Leapfrog for your printing needs.
The following solution will explain a few steps you need to take in order to print ABS and PLA filament on your Leapfrog printer;
1. First let us talk about PLA filament:
- for PLA printing we suggest a extrusion temperature of 220 degrees, active cooling always on and the heated bed turned off either from the very beginning or after the first 2 to 3 layers;
- the reason for this is becuase the PLA can stick to a cold bed, you do not need the bed to stay heated up all the way throguh the print.
- always use a print sticker or adhesive material on the surface of the bed otherwise your prints will not stick properly;
2. Next up ABS:
- for ABS you need a extrusion temperature of 240 degrees, a heated bed of above 70 degrees and active cooling turned off ( please note the bed should not be used over 90 degrees. As stated on the website the bed should be used up to 90 degrees).
- for adhesion to the bed make sure to use a print sticker or adhesive material and in some case you will have to use a raft in order to avoid warping and the part detaching from the bed;
Hopefully these tips will improve your printing experience;
We thank you for checking out our Leapfrog 3D Printer technical support solutions online! If you were unable to fine a solution in our database, please feel free to open a new support ticket by clicking the following link: I want to open a new support ticket